What’s your name and where are you from?
My name is Jonathan Robert Curry. I am from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.
- What’s the most impactful lesson you’ve learned so far through traveling?
As an African American male, removing the filter and stigma of race in America as I interact with the world.
2. What’s country holds the top spot on your travel bucket list? And why?
Antarctica, yes it’s a continent, however its the hardest and most untraveled place in the world.
3. What’s your favorite place you’ve visited thus far? Why?
I did a multi destination Africa vacation where I went to four different countries; Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana and South Africa. The people, the culture, seeing the beauty of each country and its uniqueness.
4. What country forced you to step the most out of your comfort zone? Explain how
Italy, It was my first solo trip and not knowing the language and navigating through a foreign country by myself. It really made me look inside myself and I had an amazing experience.
5. Has travel been a window or a mirror to you? Explain
Both! Travel has removed the filter that have been present for me and also has allowed me to do soul searching. It has been therapy and the greatest education I have been able to give myself.
6. If you had the opportunity to travel the entire world is there any country you would avoid and why?
7. What’s the best advice you can give to someone who have the desire to travel, but may not have the money or may be fearful?
What I learned is that everything is about prioritizing. If it’s something you’re really serious about you make it a priority. What does that mean? Give yourself a date. Find a travel community to connect with. Set realistic goals. If it’s fear there is no place more dangerous to an African American than the United States. Just like Nike says “JUST DO IT”